Dental Crowns – Lewis Center, OH
Providing Damaged & Treated Teeth with Additional Support & Protection
An estimated 15 million Americans have dental crowns to help strengthen and restore weakened teeth, so if you get the news that you need this restoration, know that you’re not alone. Our experienced dentistry team at The Dental Group at Polaris uses high-quality materials to make natural-looking, durable dental restorations that allow you to enjoy your restored tooth for the rest of your life with the proper maintenance. To learn more about this common dentistry service or how we can craft and place customized dental crowns at our Lewis Center, OH dental office in a single appointment, call our dental office today!
Why Choose The Dental Group at Polaris for Dental Crowns?
- CEREC Same-Day Dental Crowns
- We Accept & Maximize Dental Insurance
- Friendly & Experienced Dental Team
What is a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns are customized, cap-like structures that are made to fit over the visible portion of teeth that lies above the gumline. They can be made from a wide array of durable materials, including metal alloys, ceramic, and porcelain, depending on your desires and needs.
Who Can Benefit from a Dental Crown?
If a tooth is weak or misshapen, a dental crown can help improve the look and health of it. Here are some of the situations in which we may suggest this treatment:
- Cover - Dental crowns can protect natural teeth after a root canal or a large cavity is removed. The crowns will cover and support the remaining tooth structure.
- Refurbish - Dental crowns cover distorted and discolored teeth to improve the look and health of your smile.
- Protect - Crowns can cover and protect weaker teeth that are more prone to breaking, infections and cavities.
- Restore - Dental Crowns can help restore damaged teeth and improve the appearance of your smile.
- Support - Dental crowns can be used to replace missing teeth by supporting a dental bridge.
- Replace - Once the artificial root of the dental implant has been inserted, a crown can be installed to replace a missing tooth.
Taking Care of Dental Crowns
To maintain the look and function of your dental crown in Lewis Center, treat it with a little more attention than you would your normal teeth. Here are some care recommendations from our team:
- Routine Checkups/Cleanings - Routine cleanings are essential to ensure proper function of your dental crown.
- Oral Hygiene - Good dental hygiene is key to getting rid of plaque and other harmful bacteria for a healthy and beautiful smile. We recommend using products that have the American Dental Association Seal of Acceptance.
Our supportive and skilled team in Lewis Center is happy to answer any questions you may have about dental crowns. Call us at (614) 888-3692 to schedule your appointment. We look forward to working with you!